We have some Crystal Rpts that are in groups and run daily. The groups consist of 2 to 4 reports each and are chained together using Events. For example, Group A has 3 reports: A-1, A-2 & A-3. Report A-1 is scheduled to run weekly [S,M,T,W,T,F,S] at 9:30pm. Report A-1 has an output Event [A-1 successful]. Report A-2 is also scheduled to run at the same time but in addition has an input Event [A-1 successful] and an output Event [A-2 successful]. Report A-3 is also scheduled to run at 9:30pm with Event [A-2 succesful] as an input.
This past weekend, our Oracle database server went down on Sunday, Augh 17th. The first report in each group attempted to run but could not reach the database. The report A-1 history shows a Failure for Aug 17th and the instance currently has a Next Run Time of 9:30pm tonight (Aug 18th) as expected.
The downstream reports in each group did not execute on Aug 17th because their input Event was never detected (as expected). These reports show a Next Run Time of yesterday, Aug 17th at 9:30pm. I am a bit concerned whether or not these reports will run tonight. This is the first time that we have had this situation. I am not sure of the impact of having a past-dated Next Run Time. Are these downstream reports still waiting for their input event?
I was trying to figure out a way to force a test with similar conditions using temporary report instances but am not sure how.
I am hoping that someone might be able to shed light on whether or not the downstream reports will run tonight or not.
I appreciate any prior experience, comments, suggestions, etc.
Thanks,
Bill
Edited by statey603 - 18 Aug 2014 at 5:01am