Joined: 28 May 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Topic: Restrict Records from Parameter Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 4:15am
I have a dynamic parameter that shows user names. Currently it shows every user (as it should) but I would like to restrict it based on the users department.
For example I have 5 departs total. I only want users from departments 1,2 and 4 to be available for selection from the parameter.
Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 4:58am
Create an additional parameter. Choose the Department field as the Value Field. For the Values, click 'Click here to add item' and add each parameter value you want to be available. Set Allow Custom Values to False, Allow Multiple Values to True and Allow Range Values to False
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 3:59am
If it is not conditional on the user running the report you need to change the source of the parameter list to a filtered source, like a command, or a view or a stored proc.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum