|
Hi, all. What's the recommended way to modify the value of a parameter used in record selection? My database (SQL Server 2005) has a field called User. I want my parameter to pass a group of users depending on the value selected. For example:
Group1 = Tom, Jerry, Dog
Group2 = Shaggy, Velma, Fred
Group3 = Bilbo, Frodo, Samwise
Also, is this described in any of the training material? I can't seem to find anything.
Thank you,
Jason
|
|
Go to Report, Selection Formula, Record. Add something along the lines of:
({?GroupParam}='Group1' and ('Tom' in {table.namefield} or 'Jerry' in {table.namefield} or 'Dog' in {table.namefield}))
or
({?GroupParam}='Group2' and ('Shaggy' in {table.namefield} or 'Velma' in {table.namefield} or 'Fred' in {table.namefield}))
etc...
NOTE-I'm not a master of formulas, so there may be a more concise way to create a selection formula that will do the same thing, but this should get you what you want.
Edited by FrnhtGLI - 13 Aug 2014 at 2:17am
|