Joined: 10 Dec 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Linking Main Report Command Object Parameter toSub Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 4:53am
Hi,
I have a report with a subreport. Both the main and the subreport use a command object w/ date parameters.
When I run the report, it asks me for the begin date and end date twice (once for the main report and once for my subreport).
Can I link the parameters in the main command object to the subreport command object? My goal is to only have it ask for the begin date and end date once.
Joined: 10 Dec 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 11:57am
Here is the correct answer from briangriffin
If you go to the Subreport Linking dialog, at the bottom left you'll see 'Subreport parameter Field to use".
I'm guessing that you have it linked to a parameter titled something like ?Pm-?DateRange. This is not the parameter you created in the subreport, it is sort of a fake parameter that Crystal uses if no actual parameter has been created.
In the dropdown you'll probably see an additional item titled ?DateRange. This is the one you created in the subreport, and if you use it for linking you will only get prompted for values once.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum