Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Refining existing report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
LanWanBan
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Aug 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote LanWanBan Replybullet Topic: Refining existing report
     Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 9:44am
Hello, I'm new to this forum but boy am I glad it exists.
So I have an existing report that pulls from one database and my boss wants to tweak it a bit to refine the results. That means I will have to pull certain restrictions on the data from another database.

Here is the outline;
Report A is existing and is used all the time. It pulls data from all "Sales Information" to create a sum report of performance within a selected period of time.

Report B will be a copy of Report A with an added filter to exclude "Leads" and "Sales" from one "Source Group".

The problem I am running into;
When I add a new tab to the Select Expert area, the report comes out blank. I assume it is because the tables the report is pulling from are not linked, or cannot be linked? All I need is for Report A to pull all sales information from all sources EXCEPT for one source group.

Help me crystal reports book, you're my only hope.

LanWanBan
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 11:23am
Did you add a new table to the report or are you just adding a new filter/condition in an existing select statement?
If you are only adding a new condition, what is the current select statement?
IP IP Logged
LanWanBan
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Aug 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote LanWanBan Replybullet Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 7:09am
I am new to Crystal Reports, which I failed to mention, so I am at a loss on how to explain this any further. To answer your question I am just trying to add a new filter/condition in an existing select statement. How would I find what the current select statement is?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 7:32am
when you click on the select expert icon it opens into a tab based window
click on the 'SHow Formula' button
it will expand the pop up window to show you the existing Record selection criteria
IP IP Logged
LanWanBan
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Aug 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote LanWanBan Replybullet Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 8:26am
Ok I know how to get to that point, I just don't know what table I am supposed to be looking for in the report. It is a performance summary report with %of and sum of all salesman sales within a certain time frame. This is over my head!

Edited by LanWanBan - 07 Aug 2014 at 8:31am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 9:07am

you can add additional criteria to your select statement but what is the current functioning statement?

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum