Joined: 06 Aug 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Refining existing report Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 9:44am
Hello, I'm new to this forum but boy am I glad it exists.
So I have an existing report that pulls from one database and my boss wants to tweak it a bit to refine the results. That means I will have to pull certain restrictions on the data from another database.
Here is the outline;
Report A is existing and is used all the time. It pulls data from all "Sales Information" to create a sum report of performance within a selected period of time.
Report B will be a copy of Report A with an added filter to exclude "Leads" and "Sales" from one "Source Group".
The problem I am running into;
When I add a new tab to the Select Expert area, the report comes out blank. I assume it is because the tables the report is pulling from are not linked, or cannot be linked? All I need is for Report A to pull all sales information from all sources EXCEPT for one source group.
Help me crystal reports book, you're my only hope.
Joined: 06 Aug 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 7:09am
I am new to Crystal Reports, which I failed to mention, so I am at a loss on how to explain this any further. To answer your question I am just trying to add a new filter/condition in an existing select statement. How would I find what the current select statement is?
Joined: 06 Aug 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 8:26am
Ok I know how to get to that point, I just don't know what table I am supposed to be looking for in the report. It is a performance summary report with %of and sum of all salesman sales within a certain time frame. This is over my head!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum