Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Suppress data based on value in same filed Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Author Message
dsr58
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote dsr58 Replybullet Topic: Suppress data based on value in same filed
     Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 9:49am
Sorry - but I hope I can describe this appropriately.

I have a field called Item and Item displays this list:

C, D, E, F and G. C, D, E, F and G each have a specified value based on other criteria.

Item Amt    %
C     8      1   
D     2      0
E     9      4
F     10     9
G     0      0

I need to suppress the values of C and or D, but not E and F, if G is a value of zero.

I have tried the standard suppress formula and no joy. Also, I am still too new to really understand Select and Case to make this work properly.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Many thanks.


dsr58
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 2:47pm
suppress formula like

if Item='g' and amt = 0 then
Item in['c','d']
IP IP Logged
dsr58
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote dsr58 Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 9:49am
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately the formula dosen't make any of the data become suppressed.
dsr58
IP IP Logged
Gurbs
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 216
Quote Gurbs Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 1:25am
Not quit sure how your data is displayed and what you are looking for. In your example, you have 1 Item G, with amt 0. So you want to suppress the Items C and D, if that is the case?

if that is the case, you can create a formula like this:

//Suppress
if {table.Item} = 'G' and {table.Amt} = 0 then 1 else 0

and in your suppress formula, say

if sum({@Suppress}) >= 1 and {table.Item} in ['C','D'] then YES else NO
IP IP Logged
dsr58
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote dsr58 Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 3:44am
Thank you for your help - I am so new to this formula stuff - I can't seem to get it to work for what I need.

Let me try this example

Item              AS        AA        H     AI0
% at Level        20%       71%       2%     0%
# at Level        5        10        3     14
Total             75        0        1      0

If the any of the results for "Total" equal zero and the "% at Level" is also zero - I want to suppress the 0% to show a blank area.

I hope this is a clearer example.

Many thanks!




Edited by dsr58 - 14 Aug 2014 at 5:54am
dsr58
IP IP Logged
subash141
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote subash141 Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 7:30am
Hi dsr58,

As per my understanding your problem i am writing this solution . Hope this will help you .....

Step - 1 : Create a formula
if (Total Tests = 0 and "% at level" = 0 ) then 1

Step - 2 : Place this formula in the same section where you are placing this objects.

Step -3 : Write the suppress condition by right clicking the object which you want to suppress conditionally(i.e % at level)
suppress condition :- (@formula = 1)

Hope this will work.

Thanks,
Subash
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 8:18am
Originally posted by dsr58

Let me try this example

Item              AS        AA        H     AI0
% at Level        20%       71%       2%     0%
# at Level        5        10        3     14
Total             75        0        1      0

 
is this a crosstab?

Edited by DBlank - 06 Aug 2014 at 8:18am
IP IP Logged
dsr58
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote dsr58 Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 5:47am
No - it is a list that generates in the form of a spreadsheet.
dsr58
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 7:57am

trying to understand if I am looking at 'raw' data structure here or if this is summarized somehow. This will define a suppression process or even possibly if it is an option.

I don't know what 'generates in the form od a spreadsheet' means.
Is this a multi column detail? A crystal 'spreadsheet' is basically a crosstab, that is why I asked that question first. Is this from a spreadsheet as teh source with "Item, As, AA, H ..." as the spreadsheet column headers?


Edited by DBlank - 14 Aug 2014 at 7:58am
IP IP Logged
dsr58
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote dsr58 Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 10:02am
My apologies I am not making myself clear.

1. This is not a crosstab report.
2. Column 1 is a list of items. This column has three rows.
3. Columns 2-4 have data that is assigned to each row in Column 1.
4. The last row in Column 1 is titled "Total".
5. If the "Total" row equals zero then I need to suppress any zero data that shows up in row 1 of the same column.

        Columns
    1             2    3   4
Row %        9    2   0
Row #          4    8   0
Row Total     5    9   0

In the example above - The Total row has a zero. I want to write a suppression formula to remove the zero in the % row under column 4.

I hope this makes it easier to understand - I am at loss as to how to better explain it and I am willing to accept that there may not be a resolution if you will just let me know.
    
I want to thank everyone for their patience. I have a ready learned so much from your other posts.
http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/Forum/smileys/smiley9.gif

Edited by dsr58 - 15 Aug 2014 at 8:54am
dsr58
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum