| Author |
Message |
dsr58
Newbie
Joined: 23 Apr 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
|

Topic: Suppress data based on value in same filed Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 9:49am |
|
Sorry - but I hope I can describe this appropriately.
I have a field called Item and Item displays this list:
C, D, E, F and G. C, D, E, F and G each have a specified value based on other criteria.
Item Amt %
C 8 1
D 2 0
E 9 4
F 10 9
G 0 0
I need to suppress the values of C and or D, but not E and F, if G is a value of zero.
I have tried the standard suppress formula and no joy. Also, I am still too new to really understand Select and Case to make this work properly.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Many thanks.
|
|
dsr58
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
kostya1122
Senior Member
Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
|

Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 2:47pm |
|
suppress formula like
if Item='g' and amt = 0 then Item in['c','d']
|
IP Logged |
|
dsr58
Newbie
Joined: 23 Apr 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
|

Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 9:49am |
|
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately the formula dosen't make any of the data become suppressed.
|
|
dsr58
|
IP Logged |
|
Gurbs
Senior Member
Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 216
|

Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 1:25am |
|
Not quit sure how your data is displayed and what you are looking for. In your example, you have 1 Item G, with amt 0. So you want to suppress the Items C and D, if that is the case?
if that is the case, you can create a formula like this:
//Suppress
if {table.Item} = 'G' and {table.Amt} = 0 then 1 else 0
and in your suppress formula, say
if sum({@Suppress}) >= 1 and {table.Item} in ['C','D'] then YES else NO
|
IP Logged |
|
dsr58
Newbie
Joined: 23 Apr 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
|

Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 3:44am |
|
Thank you for your help - I am so new to this formula stuff - I can't seem to get it to work for what I need.
Let me try this example
Item AS AA H AI0
% at Level 20% 71% 2% 0%
# at Level 5 10 3 14
Total 75 0 1 0
If the any of the results for "Total" equal zero and the "% at Level" is also zero - I want to suppress the 0% to show a blank area.
I hope this is a clearer example.
Many thanks!
Edited by dsr58 - 14 Aug 2014 at 5:54am
|
|
dsr58
|
IP Logged |
|
subash141
Newbie
Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
|

Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 7:30am |
|
Hi dsr58,
As per my understanding your problem i am writing this solution . Hope this will help you .....
Step - 1 : Create a formula
if (Total Tests = 0 and "% at level" = 0 ) then 1
Step - 2 : Place this formula in the same section where you are placing this objects.
Step -3 : Write the suppress condition by right clicking the object which you want to suppress conditionally(i.e % at level)
suppress condition :- (@formula = 1)
Hope this will work.
Thanks,
Subash
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 8:18am |
Originally posted by dsr58
Let me try this example
Item AS AA H AI0 % at Level 20% 71% 2% 0% # at Level 5 10 3 14 Total 75 0 1 0
is this a crosstab? Edited by DBlank - 06 Aug 2014 at 8:18am
|
IP Logged |
|
dsr58
Newbie
Joined: 23 Apr 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
|

Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 5:47am |
|
No - it is a list that generates in the form of a spreadsheet.
|
|
dsr58
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 7:57am |
trying to understand if I am looking at 'raw' data structure here or if this is summarized somehow. This will define a suppression process or even possibly if it is an option.
I don't know what 'generates in the form od a spreadsheet' means.
Is this a multi column detail? A crystal 'spreadsheet' is basically a crosstab, that is why I asked that question first. Is this from a spreadsheet as teh source with "Item, As, AA, H ..." as the spreadsheet column headers? Edited by DBlank - 14 Aug 2014 at 7:58am
|
IP Logged |
|
dsr58
Newbie
Joined: 23 Apr 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
|

Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 10:02am |
|
My apologies I am not making myself clear.
1. This is not a crosstab report.
2. Column 1 is a list of items. This column has three rows.
3. Columns 2-4 have data that is assigned to each row in Column 1.
4. The last row in Column 1 is titled "Total".
5. If the "Total" row equals zero then I need to suppress any zero data that shows up in row 1 of the same column.
Columns
1 2 3 4
Row % 9 2 0
Row # 4 8 0
Row Total 5 9 0
In the example above - The Total row has a zero. I want to write a suppression formula to remove the zero in the % row under column 4.
I hope this makes it easier to understand - I am at loss as to how to better explain it and I am willing to accept that there may not be a resolution if you will just let me know.
I want to thank everyone for their patience. I have a ready learned so much from your other posts.
http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/Forum/smileys/smiley9.gif
Edited by dsr58 - 15 Aug 2014 at 8:54am
|
|
dsr58
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|