|
Hello,
I really hope someone can help me with this question. I have a table with transactions for items received from a supplier. One supplier can deliver many items and I want to group the items into 3 columns, based on their parent category. I also wan't to group by row for each date the delivery was made. The sum of the total items received under each parent category should be displayed.
For example:
Date Parent 1 Parent 2 Parent 3
-------------------------------------------------
16/04/14 100 0 0
17/04/14 50 0 0
20/04/14 0 0 75
22/04/14 0 20 40
......
I tried to create a blank report using formulas to group the parents together and display the sum, but it does not show all the data. Some rows in Parent 2 where I know there is data does not display the sum.
I am now trying to create subreports to extract the data which is returning the correct results, but the dates are all on different rows. Is there a way to keep the Date above in the original report and link 3 subreports (one for each of the parent categories) whilst maintaining the spacing? What I have at the moment with the subreports is:
Date Parent 1 Parent 2 Parent 3
-------------------------------------------------
16/04/14 100 20 75
50 40
17/04/14 100 20 75
50 40
20/04/14 100 20 75
50 40
22/04/14 100 20 75
50 40
......
Can anyone help me understand how to link the subreports successfully?
Kind Regards,
John
|
|
I would assume that you would need to pass the date to the subreport as well so that you get the result you are looking for.
I would think that the subreport could be the same report for all columns, you just link for the parent, the date, and the item...the the subreport goes off and finds the answers.
A better strategy would be link the subreport by item and date and have it populate for parents (this will cut the calls to the database by 2/3, as subreports can bog a report down)
HTH
|