Joined: 28 May 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Topic: Using Pie Charts for data Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 3:27am
I am starting to branch out with Crystal by developing some pie charts for metrics.
One metric I am designing is shows parts that we were able to use from inventory vs what was needed to be ordered for a repair. I would like to show not only counts and percentages but also the total cost for both groups. I created a formula to split out items from stock vs ordered items
if isnull (Table.PONumber) then "Inventory" else "Order"
This formula is working great. I am trying to create two formulas to show the separate total cost for the two groups.
Formula 1) If @StockvOrder = "Inventory" then sum(Table.Cost)
Formula 2) if @StockvOrder = "Order" then sum(Table.Cost)
When I put these two formulas into the report the "Inventory" shows a number, but the "Order" shows a $0
Am I going about this in the right way. and if so why would it do this? Is there a better solution?
Also, just for the record I am placing my chart in the report header
Joined: 28 May 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 5:09am
What I am looking is for is 1 chart with two "slices" of pie. 1 slice to show the number of parts we used from our inventory and the other slice to show the number of parts we had to order.
In the legend i would like to to see counts for each case, percentage, and cost
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum