Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Date Parameter Field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
south
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 31 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 82
Quote south Replybullet Topic: Date Parameter Field
     Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 10:17am
My report list and sorts by delivery date.  I wanted to add a parameter that would allow the user to decide what date range they wanted.  It works except it does not list orders with no delivery date, which makes sense but I would like to have the option of entering the date and also being able to enter a default parameter that shows all, even those with no dates. How would I start?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 10:38am
what version are you using? This will determine if it allows for a NULL option to be used.
IP IP Logged
south
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 31 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 82
Quote south Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 2:25am
2008
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 4:04am
I believe you can allow for optional parameters in that version then in your select statement if no param is entered you can use that in the select statement
Something like:
 
NOT(hasvalue(param))
or
(hasvalue(param) and table.deliverydate in param)


Edited by DBlank - 10 Jul 2014 at 4:05am
IP IP Logged
south
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 31 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 82
Quote south Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 4:28am
How do I edit my current parameter to allow for optional?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 4:35am
I don't have 2008 but I think it should be one of the items in the Options at the bottom of the parameter set up screen
IP IP Logged
south
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 31 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 82
Quote south Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 6:31am
Thank you, I'll have to give it a try this afternoon.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum