I have never attempted shared variables before so used some formatting that I have seen online without success. I have no idea if the whileprintingrecords statement needs to be there or not. I also am not sure of the proper syntax. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 5:18am
the main report formula placement has to be in a section below where the subreport is placed and run. E.g. subreport in groupheader1 and mainrpeort varibale in groupheader2
the subreport cannot be suppressed or it does not run and therefore will return no value
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 7:07am
i do not beleive it can be on demand.
it has to run at the same time as the main report and it cannot be suppressed. There is a trick to suppress it if needed, but out of the box it cannot be suppressed.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum