Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Suppress formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
south
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 31 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 82
Quote south Replybullet Topic: Suppress formula
     Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 7:00am
I'm not sure if Crystal can do this but...I have a grid box that appears on the right side of my report only if it goes to a certain station.  I also have a text box on the left side next to the grid, it appears on all stations.  I would like to have the text box extend all the way to the right edge of the paper if the grid box doesn't appear and if it does have the text box only go as far as grid box. 
IP IP Logged
adavis
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Quote adavis Replybullet Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 9:08am
I would create two separate text boxes and conditionally suppress them based on whatever criteria make the grid appear. Draw your text box, right click and select format text, and use the formula tool for the suppression setting. You could use an if/then/else statement to conditionally suppress it based on whatever criteria determines if the grid box appears. Then, draw your other box and do the same. Then just lay them over top one another.
IP IP Logged
south
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 31 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 82
Quote south Replybullet Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 10:20am
Thanks for your help, I was able to do a work around, but I wanted to know if there was a way to keep the placement the same and just give the text box a formula that would allow it to print to the end if there was no grid.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum