Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Oracle Command Auto-Trimming Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Erik
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 50
Quote Erik Replybullet Topic: Crystal Oracle Command Auto-Trimming
     Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 1:24pm
Crystal Thick Client: 11.5.10.1263

I am using an Oracle query as a Crystal Command, and the data looks good with exception that it is cutting off any trailing spaces on my data fields.

When I run the same query in TOra the trailing spaces are there.

I need these trailing spaces for consistency with a legacy report.

Any idea why they're being removed automatically?

I verified "Can Grow" is checked on the field I am using.

I'm sure I could add the missing spaces back in with a LEN subtraction calculation, but that would require I infer what the field length should be since LEN also auto-trims, and an upgrade could then potentially break the report if the field length were to change.


Edited by Erik - 07 Jul 2014 at 1:28pm
IP IP Logged
Erik
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 50
Quote Erik Replybullet Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 7:18am
I was able to get this resolved per: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1489916

The "TrimTrailingSpace" key did not live in my Registry, so I had to create a new REG_SZ value for it.

"Carriage returns are removed from data viewed in Crystal Reports XI and XI Release 2.

Users have the option to disable the feature that removes white space from data. Set the value of the following registry key to 'No' (!):

For Crystal Reports XI:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\TrimTrailingSpace

For Crystal Reports XIR2:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\TrimTrailingSpace"




Edited by Erik - 08 Jul 2014 at 7:20am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum