I would like to sort my @Month formula in a crosstab
properly [jfmamjjasond], currently it is sorting the month formula alphabetically
i.e. April, August, December, February, ...
monthname(month({Orders.Order Date}))
Background stuff:
I wanted to create a crosstab which shows a summary by year
and month [see below]. The data is very basic: Order_ID; Order_Date; Order_
Amount
Columns: I have Order_Date group options by year [cool, no problem]
Summary: [all good]
Rows: I have Order_date group options by month [Problem*]
*Problem being that it shows month for every year in data set.
I created @Month to address this
Ideal Crosstab:
2000 2001 2002 2003 …
Jan
Feb
Mar
Apr
May
…
Problem looks like
2000 2001 2002 2003 …
Jan-2000
Feb-2000
…
Jan-2001
Feb-2001
…
Jan-2002
Feb-2002
…
To my formula:
Created @month: monthname(month({Orders.Order Date}))
Put the @month in the rows
Perfect summaries but the months are in alphabetical order
Is there any way to put these months in proper order, i.e. jfmamjjasond
So that’s my crosstab dilemma.. which is similar to my chart
issue where I want to show a line chart: months in the X-axis; summary data in
the Y-axis; different color lines for years. I use the crosstab above to create
a chart.
Chart Expert:
Line Chart
On change of @month
Subdivided by Orders.Order_Date
Show [whatever summary]
The chart looks good except the months are alphabetical.
Thank you!!! 
