I have a report that was written by someone else that has quite a lot of existing grouping. I need to amend this report and it is giving me a bit of a headache.
I have a data field (BLL_INV_ITEM) that has multiple rows
i.e.'Accomodation', 'Dining', 'Insurance'
This is currently being displayed on the DETAILS section so that each row is printed on a separate line.
However I now need to write a formula to say something like -
if {BLL_INV_ITEM} = "Dining" then "Check In at location A" else " Check In at location B"
My
problem is that this needs to be displayed in the HEADER, however as
only the first row is returned in the header my formula never becomes
true.
To fix this I have added the formula to grouping and it now shows the string from the formula correctly, however it has now broken the existing grouping and is showing the {BLL_INV_ITEM} data across 2 pages (one page for the Dining and another for all the other items)
I can provide the report with saved data as a private email (I wouldnt want to make it public) if anyone is willing to take a look and help me.