Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 140
Topic: Text to columns function in Crystal Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 6:26am
Hi,
I am using Crystal 2008. I need to strip out the manager's last name, first name and middle initial from the following path as it appears next to the .xlsx:
Q:\Path1\Path2\Path3\Path4\Jones, Bob J\Path5\Path6\Jones, Bob J.xlsx
Once I have it stripped, I plan to use it as a group in my Crystal Report.
Suggestions on how to strip this out strip this out woudl be appreciated. Thanks!
"Press any key to continue. Where's the 'Any' Key?" ~Homer Simpson
Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 140
Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 1:37am
Sorry, they were not meant to be links. I thought in that function you needed to know how many character lengths to go to the right or to the left. In this case, where the character length for the last section starts will be different for everyone, since the managers name is part of the path name (appears after path 5). I was hoping there would be some formula that could possibly isolate for anything between the Q: and the last \ and delete it?. Then I'd eventually remove the .xlsx as well.
"Press any key to continue. Where's the 'Any' Key?" ~Homer Simpson
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum