Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Suppress duplicates Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dbell
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 May 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote dbell Replybullet Topic: Suppress duplicates
     Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 5:25am
CR 11

Trying to suppress duplicates and the suppress duplicate tick box seems to do nothing.

so I created the following...

I have a formula field called DUP that contains the following formula is the suppress button in format field...

if {@DELTYPE}= previous ({@DELTYPE}) then 'true' else 'false'DUP

and in another formula field I have..

{@DUP}='TRUE'

The problem is if a duplicate exists that is not directly above it will not be suppressed.

Can anyone help with this?


Thanks

IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 5:40am
To get rid of duplicates, most of the time it was a join issue.  Otherwise I either had to sort the records in some way (some field that was duplicated) or did a grouping and suppressed the details and put the record in the group footer.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 4:59am
if @DelType is a combination of fields in the data, you can group by it, then they will be next to each other. Though in effect that is kevlray's answer of grouping and suppressing the details and only showing the header or footer of the group.
IP IP Logged
dbell
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 May 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote dbell Replybullet Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 10:53pm
Thanks for this, Still no further forward but I have someone else looking at it, I will update once I have a solution.
IP IP Logged
hello
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Quote hello Replybullet Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 4:07am
Why not sort on the field? That way, duplicates will be above it.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum