Hi all
I'm still just scratching the surface of what Crystal can do so please be gentle as i'm a real novice!
I am trying to output a postal address into my report. The only catch is i have a preference for a certain type of address. Most people on the report will have an entry in the "preferred" address table but some won't. Those that don't will have an address in a "main" address table. So what i want is to output the preferred address if it exists but if it doesn't then output the main.
I am trying to use an IF statement in a formula to do this, line by line. Below is my Address 1 line.
IF IsNull({preferred.Address1}) then {Main.Address1} else {preferred.Address1}
I then drag this into my details area. When i run the report what i find is that if the person had no entry in the "preferred" address table then it is not outputting their "main" address value.
One good result is if there is a value in the "preferred" table it does output that.
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks
Charlie