Hi I am using Crsytal 2008. I have a report that requires certain fields be formatted so that when it's exported to CSV, the leading zeroes are preserved. (Examples of field needing this are the SSN and the bank routing number). FYI, exporting to Excel first is not an option I've been told. This is a goverment document and the goal is to have no modifications upon export.
If you have a solution, I'd love to hear it. The other solution I was told would work for the end user is to put quotes around the data fields so when exporting to CSV, quotes would actually appear around the SSN or Bank Routing Number. I'm having issues with that as well. The SSN needs to be formatted without the dashes, so I have the following formula in there for SSN to remove the dashes:
replace({EMPLOYEE.FICA_NBR},'-','').
Now, how do I get quotes to appear around the resulting number?
I have another formula that uses an If/Then statement:
If ({TAXGROUP.HEAD_PROC_LEV}) = "TEST" then "12345" else
I can't put double quotes in this because I get an error message. I tried asteriscs and they stay, but I'm still waiting for the end user to see if asteriscs would suffice.
Any help on these quote issues would be great!

Edited by thummel1 - 17 Jun 2014 at 9:33am