Joined: 24 Oct 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Topic: Group Records by Range Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 10:44am
I use Crystal Reports XI to report on Customer Service Request sent to the HelpDesk system.
One report I have developed is: Amount of currently Open Requests followed by Average amount of Days Open. I did this by identifying all “Open” Requests and then do a count of them. I then calculate the amount of Days Open for that request (Current Date – Date Request was Open) Finally I hide the Details. So in effect the report looks like
Amount of Open Requests – 200 Average amount of Days Open – 9
Now I want to further develop this report. I still want counts and by Days Open, but I want to group they by static Ranges. Using the example above I would like it to look like
Amount of Open Request over 30 Days – 15 Amount of Open Requests between 5 – 30 Days – 90 Amount of Open Requests between 1 – 5 Days – 95
One thought I had wsa to use a Group and a formula for the group, but I could not access my Date Range formula in the Group Window.
I thought about being cheap and running three subreports all near each other so that it looks like it is one report, but I think that is silly. There has to be a better way.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum