Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Summary Calculation on Group Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dallasf
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote dallasf Replybullet Topic: Summary Calculation on Group
     Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 6:33pm
Hi there,

I have a report which lists employees positional data and I have another report that lists positions and allocated salary for that position.

There is two tables, one which holds the positional data and one which holds the employees positional data.

The positional data holds a total value of all allocated salary say 100,000. That is split up between two employees.

My problem is I need to display for each employee position the total position salary allocated, regardless of what the employee gets. My issue is doing totals at the end, I only want to see the totals for the one position not multiple employee entries.

The report is grouped by position.


EmpCode Position       PositionSalary
00010    IT Help Desk   100,000
00015    IT Help Desk   100,000

Total                   200,000

The problem is positionsalary should be 100,000 but my summary total is adding both. The total position budget is 100,000. The two employees have a cut of that.

This report includes a heap of other fields such as number of members, hours etc. I'm just using this as an example.

How do I get my totals to be 100,000?

Thanks








IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 4:11am
I assume you also have 'position code' that is unique to the position salary.
You can use a running total to set to evaluate on change of that field to get to teh value you want, or used shared variable formula to do the same thing using next() as a condition.
IP IP Logged
dallasf
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote dallasf Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 12:24pm
Excellent, thank you for that. Worked great.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum