Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: problem suppressing due to a condition? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
otto
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 17 Mar 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Quote otto Replybullet Topic: problem suppressing due to a condition?
     Posted: 19 May 2014 at 10:09am
I have a report where I need to suppress 0 balance. what happen is that I do not have a unique field where I can group by.

here is my data

Cust#           Name        amount
0205            sample1       25            
0205            sample1       30
0205            sample1      -30
0205            sample1       17
0204            sample2       10
0204            sample2      -10
0204            sample2       -5

I have to accomplish this

Cust#           Name        amount
0205            sample1       25            
0205            sample1       17
0204            sample2       -5

could someone please help me?
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2014 at 10:44am
if ordering is consistent this might work.

if Cust# = next(Cust#) and amount + next(amount) = 0 then "no" else
if Cust# = Previous (Cust#) and amount + Previous (amount) = 0 then "no"
else "yes"

then use this formula section expert to suppress
formula ="no"
IP IP Logged
otto
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 17 Mar 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Quote otto Replybullet Posted: 20 May 2014 at 4:27am
Gracias, that worked great.

Edited by otto - 20 May 2014 at 4:32am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum