Here is the requirement
1. Query should retrieve the orders between the two given dates.
2. Dynamic Parameter for State needs to be created. (Orders from each State). User has to ability to choose multiple States.
Lets go with simple command
Command :- select State, City, Order_no, Order_date
from Orders
where order_date between {from_date} and {to_date}
User will choose the dates, these dates applied to Command (Query). The Dynamic Parameter shows the states based on the Query results set.
I followed the below steps
1. Designed Crystal report with "Command" and two input dates as Command Parameters.
2. Created a dynamic parameter with State.
3. Record selecting formula
{command.st_code} in {parameter1} // parameter1 is dynamic parameter for state.
Here is the problem.
Input Dates are prompting twice. First it prompt for executing the Command and second time appears along with the dynamic parameter.
How to resolve this. Should I go with sub-report? If yes, the orders have to be retrieved between the two dates (input parameters). How should I link the main report dates with sub-report dates?