Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Showing data when MAX value is matched Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Dr4ke
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 09 May 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 209
Quote Dr4ke Replybullet Topic: Showing data when MAX value is matched
     Posted: 13 May 2014 at 2:14am
Good afternoon everyone,

I have created a Crystal report, showing the Computer_Name, Disk_ID and Disk_% utilisation in Average/Maximum formats between a specific date period (January-March 2014); currently I have achieved this using a cross-tab report, I am however discussing a normal report in a different conversation so this may change. 

The next step is to only show the Computer_Name, Disk_ID combinations that have an entry of over 80%; unfortunately when I add this in using the 'Selection Expert' it will only show me the values which are over 80, and not the values for the other dates.

To illustrate what I am trying to do... in the below table I would Disk_ID_1 and Disk_ID_2 to show all of the entries below because one of the numbers has reached over 95 and the other numbers would be used to graph a trend. Disk_ID_3 would be completely removed because none of the numbers reach over 95

Computer_Name (Merged Cells to cover all Disk_ID's)
Disk_ID_1   Disk_ID_2  Disk_ID_3
01/01/2014 - Max           87              92               80
                      Avg           70              76               78
02/01/2014 - Max           92              95               94
                      Avg           89              90               65
03/01/2014 - Max           99              78               83
                      Avg           93              65               80

In SQL I can imagine it being something similar to IIF(MAX(CPU_Utilisation)>=95) but I am unfamiliar with how the formula box in the 'Selection Expert' works...

Any help appreciated
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2014 at 9:07am
in crystal you could use the
select expert>>group...
maximum(entry, Disk_ID)>=95
IP IP Logged
Dr4ke
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 09 May 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 209
Quote Dr4ke Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2014 at 10:20pm
Thank you for your reply. I do have a few questions though, if you don't mind?

1) When choosing Select Expert >> Group; do I select Disk_Used_%?
2) Once step one is complete - do I then use the Formula Editor?
3) If I copy and paste your formula into the Formula Editor - what goes in to 'entry'?

Lastly; what does the Select Expert >> Group function perform? By which I mean what is different to Select Expert >> Record which appears to be a basic IIF clause behind it.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2014 at 3:47am
The group select is used to include or exclude an entire group based on the result(s) of a group summary.
It is applied after the record select.
all groups still appear in the group tree and are still included in any summarizations of the data unless exclude using varaible formula or running totals
1. you use the summarization of the group field on the group
2.If you select the summarized group value the select expert will default to using a group criteria. You can use the formual editor if you want or you can use the GUI interface in the select expert
3."entry" is the feild being summarized by the day and disk ID
 
All that said I do not think this process would work for a CrossTab. I believe the CT is built before the group select condition is applied. If you move away form the CT then this would likely work.
There are ways to suppress the values in the CT if they are > 95.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum