Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crystal 11 Financial Goals Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Rwatkins
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Mar 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Rwatkins Replybullet Topic: Crystal 11 Financial Goals
     Posted: 13 May 2014 at 7:34am
I am working on a report that will show a line chart and the sales our reps have made for the fiscal year.I have been able to plot the cumulative amount of sales for the sales rep showing on change of each month.

Is there a way to add a financial goals line that would increase each month by a specific amount? And also change the plot colors if the sales are higher or lower then the expected goals.

Thanks for the help

IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2014 at 2:57pm
you could try
for example if you starting amount is 1000
@formula
1000 *  datediff("m",date_field(from your table),currentdate)
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2014 at 7:36pm
Hi

Do you have Financial Goals field in your table ? or you want to insert your own amounts for each month ?

If you want to insert on your own then try following formula :

If Month({DateField}) = 1 Then 50000
Else
If Month({DateField}) = 2 Then 60000
Else
If Month({DateField}) = 3 Then 70000
Else
so .. on..

Now insert this formula also in your line chart to show the goals.

I don't think you can change the color of plot conditionally. I tried and did not get that option at all.

-Sastry

Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
Rwatkins
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Mar 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Rwatkins Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2014 at 4:51am
Thank you very much for your help. Your formula's have allowed me to insert my own amounts for each month. Yes, I wanted a line that would show a specific increase for each month.

As of right now we do not have a financial goals field in the tables, but we might need to create one. If each sales rep has different financial goals amounts each month. I am going to try to see if there is a way you can set up a parameter to select a "Monthly financial goal value" and this would then change the corresponding line on the graph. I have already set it to select a specific sales rep as a parameter.

I appreciate all your help, thanks again.

Edited by Rwatkins - 14 May 2014 at 4:52am
IP IP Logged
Rwatkins
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Mar 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Rwatkins Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2014 at 8:11am
I have one other problem I was hoping you could help me with. The above formula does work, but it will only will show the financial goal if a sale was made.

For example.
If the first sale a sales rep made was in February then the financial goal line and chart would start in February. I need the financial goal line to start in January and increase each month, even if there is no sale made. The problem is that in my Summary of the formula, the evaluate is using the Sale Date field and if there is no Sale Date then there is no data. Also I have no field that I could choose that would display each and every month. Thanks for any help.
IP IP Logged
Rwatkins
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Mar 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Rwatkins Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2014 at 10:14am
Also another idea is that I would like the financial goal to show for entire year and have the sales rep amount show up to current month. Is this possible? Thanks
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum