Joined: 03 Oct 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Topic: Shared Parameters Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 2:33am
Hi
I have a stock report that has 2 sub reports, reporting different information on the main report about the same product - I don't need to do any calculations on the main reports so don't need shared variables, I just want to display the different information on the one report rather than creating 3 separate reports - any help would be much appreciated.
Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 6:36am
you can create parameters in sub report separately, then you have a choice to link them to main report or not. if not then you have more parameters to enter.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 06 May 2014 at 11:25am
you would need to incorporate all the data that is gathered from the 2 subreports into 1 SQL statment and return that data. You would have to account for grouping and duplicated detail lines (probably).
I don't think that it will be as trivial as one hopes, and will probably have its own issues.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum