Joined: 08 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Topic: Groups and Totaling Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 10:14am
I have data that needs to be grouped by state, customer, and items purchased. I want a total # and dollar $ of items purchased per state. Here is example of what I would like for it to look like:
# purchased $ Amt
OH
Jones, John
Item A 5 $100
Item B 2 30
Smith, Roger
Item A 4 $80
Item B 1 15
----------------------------------------------------
TOTALS: Item A 9 $180
Item B 3 $45
----------------------------------------------------
Then next state would begin.
For some reason, I can't seem to figure out how to get the totals. I can get a grand total # of items and $'s but can't get the breakdown to show at end of 'State' group. Any help is much appreciated.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 11:46am
since you still want it per item I would insert a crosstab into the group footer and use the CT row as the item and then sum on the # and $ fields.
otherwise you will have to create shared variables or running totals per item type (across all states) and adjust the report manually each time you add an item to your DB.
Joined: 08 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Posted: 01 May 2014 at 3:12am
Thank you so much for the help. I used the cross-tab function and worked well. I thought about trying to do a sub report and I am going to see how that turns out as well. Thanks again!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum