Topic: Adding column to a crosstab report Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 11:47am
Hi,
I've created a cross tab report which I rarely use (less than 5 times in 17 years using crystal ) and anyway having trouble adding the last column I want to display and wondering if someone can help. The last column is calculated as show in the picture.
Also here is a link to the actual report with saved data to make it easy
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 5:40am
I don't deal with cross tabs very often either.
The only thing that they seem to do is create column nicely, otherwise, they seem very unwieldy with alot of drawbacks, like only dealing with aggregates and getting the values you want to display to appear.
With that said, I don't CR allows a crosstabs to have a formula as a column...unless it is in all the columns.
Oh well thanks for looking,appreciate it. Normally i would just try and do it in SQL but the data source is ttx files, I just converted to sql for the ease of everyone else who wanted to look at the report. Just PM'd Brian, wonder if he can help but I have a bad feeling its a crystal limitation as well.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 01 May 2014 at 5:13am
Hi Micalo - while CR generally sucks when it comes to crosstabs, CR 2011 added a ton of new functionality to it that lets you do what you want to do. You can have column a reference column b and add in the average of column c (you get the point). But you need CR 2011 to get all these new functions (CR 2008 had a little, but I forget what was put in which version).
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum