Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: viewing a full field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
chris64
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote chris64 Replybullet Topic: viewing a full field
     Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 1:25am
I am writing a report using crystal that takes data from our accounts
package. Unfortunately it truncates one of the fields allowing only a 20
character string when it prints out. Having 'browsed the data' it appears that
the problem is with the original 'view' from the accounts package which is only
20 characters long. Is this an insurmountable problem or is there a way
I can change the view in from the accounts package.
 
Thanks
 
 
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 11:33pm
Hi
 
You said your report is picking values from your accounts package.  How you are connecting to your package ?
 
I think you are connecting to backend tables through crystal reports designer.  If your package is updating these tables with limited characters(20) then we can't do anything in crystal.
 
You need to modify the table update through package and see that your package should update entire string.
 
-Sastry
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
chris64
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote chris64 Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 12:00am
Thanks
 
I think I will have to put in a formula to convert the truncated field to what it should be in Crystal
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum