|
Very new to Crystal Reports 2013
Please forgive my ignorance in advance - I need to change font color of a specific record based on information found in another record. Something like this:
Column 1 Column 2
x1 75
x2 74
x3 72
x4 75
x5 75
x6 72
Column 1 Column 2
x1 72
x2 74
x3 72
x4 75
x5 75
x6 72
x1 Column 1 and 2 are the criteria that formatting is based on. If any other record in Column 2 equals the same at Column 2 for record x1, then the formatting would be the same (bold, red). If x1 - Column 2 changes, then the formatting and the number is no longer the same, the formatting would return to the default and another record that now matches x1-Column 2 would take on the formatting. I work with large groups of data that need to have indicators that match specific criteria and is able to change when the data changes.
I hope I am making sense. I have tried to use a formula without success and the highlighting expert doesn't work this way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. [IMG]smileys/smiley5.gif" align="middle" /> x1 75x4, x5, 75
Edited by dsr58 - 23 Apr 2014 at 6:59am
|
|
I would create a shared variable to track the value in column2. if this is report wide, it will be easier...but let's suppose it is by group, and that the values are >= 0.
here is what i would do:
in group header a formula like:
shared numbervar col2 := {table.field}
then in details, for the cell to be formatted, in the font tab x-2 button:
shared numbervar col2;
if {table.field} = col2 then
crRed
else
crBlack
similar for bold
shared numbervar col2;
if {table.field} = col2 then
crBold
else
crNormal
|