| Author |
Message |
sbodell
Newbie
Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
|

Topic: Passing data to subreport to be graphed Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 7:30am |
|
I have a report that aggregates (using Groups and Running Total Fields) data. I have customer name (only of a certain type) and a value for each fiscal year (grouped by Customer). As the fiscal year values are percentages, they are Formula Fields calculated using the Running Total Fields. I don't need/want any other data in the report other than these values which I want to chart. I have a sample that builds variables by concatenating them together and then passing them to the subreport. The variables get passed ok, and I think I have them parsed ok, but when I attempt to run the report, its about 3,000 pages long - one line for every record in the source view (from an Oracle database).
So, how do I get the report to ONLY show data from the shared fields that were passed into the subreport and parsed?
How do I create a chart for each customer with the 4 fiscal year values in them?
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
lockwelle
Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
|

Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 5:05am |
|
I haven't done much charting, but I think that it drives off the data itself, not print time variables like formulas and running totals.
Probably your best bet would be to create a stored procedure that returns just the values that you want to chart...though again, I don't have much experience with charting.
|
IP Logged |
|
sbodell
Newbie
Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
|

Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 12:46pm |
|
I believe you're correct in saying the charting is driven off the data. I have an example that passes "merged" data in a shared variable to a subreport, parses it back using the split(varName, sepChar)[recornumber+1]. While I have some idea what its doing, not enough to figure out if it actually works (though it does in the sample with a much simpler data set).
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|