Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How To Accomplish This? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
capninsano
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Apr 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote capninsano Replybullet Topic: How To Accomplish This?
     Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 10:45am
I'm trying to mimic this on a report:



The first thing I did was create one subreport with the three groups you see (yellow, gray, white). I set the format with multiple columns option and got the width and everything set how it should be. The problem is that I can't get each new group change (yellow) to start a new column. Second, I messed with all the keep together settings I could find, but couldn't get what I needed. Third, it almost looks like there is a page break after the last row but instead of paging vertically, it pages horizontally right next to it. Is this even possible?

In an ideal world, each column is created dynamically based on a field, similar to the top of a crosstab. However, I don't think that's the case here. Each column looks like a subreport based on the thicker lines in the middle between columns and the thin lines out the outside. If that's true, then how would I sort the subreports left to right by freq desc?

I've been working at solving this for so long and looked everywhere online but can't find anything. It's driving me nuts!

Thanks
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 4:59am
well, I can't see the picture, but I know how I would attack the problem...

I would create a stored procedure and populate columns of a table with the data that I want displayed, in the the order that I want it displayed. For what it's worth, I doubt it would be a simple or trivial proc, but all of the work would be done by the procedure, and then all that CR needs to do is to display it...a much simpler task.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum