Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Using Unions Querys without SQL Commands? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
shifty
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Jul 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote shifty Replybullet Topic: Using Unions Querys without SQL Commands?
     Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 7:53am

Is there anyway one can using onion queries in crystal without using sql commands objects? ie doing this from crystal.

I have noticed that I can add the same table or view in twice and that I can then create an alias for this table, however there is then no way to link this table to the first set of tables/views.
 
So unlike using union which allows one to keep adding in select statements to the query, this is all linked.
 
any help on this would be much appreciated. I hope I am making myself clear.
 
shivun
 
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 9:34am
SQL doesn't have the capability to do UNION. Whenever there is more than one table it will use a JOIN to relate them. If you can't use a SQL Command object, then the only other option you have is creating a stored procedure that uses the UNION and calling that from Crystal.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
shifty
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Jul 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote shifty Replybullet Posted: 15 Jan 2008 at 1:43am
OKay
 
Thanks for your help, thats all clear to me now.
 
shivun
 
 
IP IP Logged
shifty
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Jul 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote shifty Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2008 at 7:58am

Hi

 
 
Thanks for the help with the mids and gthe instr functions they worked a treat but now I have another problem. 
 
The textcol field in the table has plenty of text within it, the text go on to different lines and so on.  The problem I am having is that I am finding my start up points ok, then using mid to extract, the issue is that I need to know where the ending points are as in certain senerio's the formula reads past the text that i want and on to the next line.
 
I hope I have made myself clear on what I mean.
 
any help on the above would be much appreciated.
 
shiv
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum