| Author |
Message |
Flashh880
Newbie
Joined: 14 Apr 2014
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Topic: Date range issue Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 3:56am |
|
Hi everyone,
I'm totally new on crystal report, started 2 weeks ago trying to build reports, so thanks for your patience :)
I'm working with Crystal 2008 V12, and reports are made from Sage Accpac sql database.
I've been setting up a an automatic reporting with Report Scheduler Pro. My formula si very simple for what it does, it reports me all the new orders in the last 7 days, and it works well.
pwformatdate({VMDH.DTENTERED}) in Last7Days
What I now want to do, and searched for hours before requesting your help, is to find the formula to generate the list of new orders in the week before, and the other one before, going back one month.
Ex : Last 8days to 14 days
Last 15 days to 21 days
Last 22 days to 28 days.
Thanks in advance for your precious help
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 4:03am |
|
datediff('d',{VMDH.DTENTERED},currentdate) in 8 to 14
|
IP Logged |
|
Flashh880
Newbie
Joined: 14 Apr 2014
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 4:23am |
|
Many many thanks DBlank for your fast and effective answer! You can't imagine how it helps me :)
Can I push my luck to get a formula that would report me the exact same week of last year?
Thanks again!
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 4:41am |
|
define what you mean by same week please. The exact same dates less one year or the same week as in week 15?
|
IP Logged |
|
Flashh880
Newbie
Joined: 14 Apr 2014
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 4:42am |
|
Would be exact same week as in week 15 :)
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 4:54am |
Actual dates would be
I think you might really want the dates since that is how you are doing this years so that would be
datediff('d',{VMDH.DTENTERED},dateadd('yyyy',-1,currentdate)) in 8 to 14
date part of week using 8 days ago I think would be:
datediff('w',date(1900,1,1),{VMDH.DTENTERED})=datediff('w',date(1900,1,1),dateadd('yyyy',-1,dateadd('d',-8,currentdate)))
|
IP Logged |
|
Flashh880
Newbie
Joined: 14 Apr 2014
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 8:41am |
|
You've got it right on!
Many thanks for your help, really appreciated! :)
|
IP Logged |
|
Flashh880
Newbie
Joined: 14 Apr 2014
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:50am |
|
Hi again,
I try to setup this command in a formula, in a subreport, and try to call it from the main report through a parameter, and it doesn't work at all.
datediff('d',{VMDH.DTENTERED},dateadd('yyyy',-1,currentdate)) in 8 to 14
When I run only the sub report, it's ok.
Any idea where could be the bug? :)
PS: believe, I search at least 3 hours before posting a request here :)
Edited by Flashh880 - 18 Apr 2014 at 5:52am
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:09am |
What are you trying to accomplish?
Passing the same date range from main to sub report?
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|