| Author |
Message |
eskimo42
Newbie
Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Topic: Unix Timestamp Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 8:24am |
|
I have an ecommerce DB which I am trying to report on using Crystal Reports 2008. Please bear with me, this is my first time using Crystal Reports. Here is my issue:
The order creation date field in the eCommerce DB is being pulled as a Unix Timestamp. After some research online I have found that this formula should help me convert the timestamps into a readable format:
DateAdd (”s”,{jos_vm_orders1.cdate}-18000, #1/1/1970#)
So I have created numerous formula fields, Formatting Formulas, Custom Functions, and all I can seem to come up with is this error:
The ) is missing.
I really hope someone can walk me through how exactly I can convert a DB field which appears in a report to, a readable time stamp with that formula I have above.
Thanks,
Evan
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
Lugh
Senior Member
Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
|

Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 11:24am |
|
Well, as an initial question, have you created a formula with just the above text? Because, that looks correct. The one piece that bothers me is that your field name is "cdate," and that is a function in Crystal (well, and lots of other things). But, since it is in the curly brackets, it shouldn't be an issue.
|
IP Logged |
|
eskimo42
Newbie
Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 11:36am |
|
I think I have fixed the formula.. Well possibly, because someone advised me on the crystal forum how to do that.
The only problem is, since I am new, and still learning. I am really trying to figure out how I would mask this database field using that formula. What kind of formula do I have to make, and how do i set that field to use that formula absolutely?
Any Help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Evan
|
IP Logged |
|
Lugh
Senior Member
Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
|

Posted: 15 Jan 2008 at 4:10am |
|
Create the formula as above.
Anywhere in the report where you would normally reference the database field, simply reference the formula instead. E.g., instead of putting {jos_vm_orders1.cdate} in a formula designed to tell if the order is late, simply put {@MyFormula} instead. Similarly, you can add the formula field to the report, instead of the database field.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|