Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Subtracting two running totals Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dallasf
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote dallasf Replybullet Topic: Subtracting two running totals
     Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 11:16pm
Hi,

I have two running totals. These are hours calculated from a timesheet for time in lieu, the other time in lieu acrrual.

I did two running totals as I needed to pick from the timesheet table the two different codes as below in the formula.

{timesheet_trans.component} = "156"
{q2timesheet_trans.cmp} = "T"

I then did a formula to minus one from the other. When it equals 0.00 it displays but if it equals say 4.00 it will not display. What am I doing incorrectly? Is there an alternate way to subtract two running totals which are grouped by employee?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 3:33am
Are you using shared variables as a 'running total' or Crystal Running Totals?
Where are you displaying the results?
what is the formula for subtracting?
can you have nulls and are they being accounted for in the RT designs?
IP IP Logged
dallasf
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote dallasf Replybullet Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 12:31pm
No there is no variables.
Just in the details section.
({#AccruedTotal} - {#TakenTotal})
No nothing for nulls as there will always be a figure even if its 0.00

Thanks
IP IP Logged
dallasf
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote dallasf Replybullet Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 2:03pm
I fixed this by changing the running totals to formula fields then subtraction of the two fields.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum