Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Runtime Module Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
DennyK
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote DennyK Replybullet Topic: Runtime Module
     Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 10:31am

I am looking for some programming help with Crystal Reports VIII – and distributing runtime versions for users to run themselves.  I have a full licensed development version of the software - but I don't want to have all my users buy a license.  Is there anything like that in the Crystal world - I know that other software have that available?  Ouch

IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 12:10pm
There are a number of Crystal Reports viewers.  Ken Hamady (sp?) has a list of them.  Some of them may not work with CR 8.  FYI:  Most if not all do not go out the database and refresh the data. Static data only.
IP IP Logged
DennyK
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote DennyK Replybullet Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 3:52am
Thanks for the reply - do you believe that CR 8 is too old - or is what I'm asking for just not available?  Also I would need the viewer to tap the databases for current data.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 5:20am
I am not sure.  We do not normally use viewers at our work.  I have just read a lot about them.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum