Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Sorting Custom Tables (No Cross Tabs) Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jtr8178
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote jtr8178 Replybullet Topic: Sorting Custom Tables (No Cross Tabs)
     Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 3:42am

I have a list of truck that we rent to customers, and I'm able to pull all the data over that shows the rental history, along with if its available (No current contract on it). I've done the custom table thing where I use I put my column headers in the Page Header field, and then use GH1 (Sorted by Unit #) to display the most recent data. This gives me the perfect list of all our rental trucks, plus who has them or if they are available to rent. So far so good.

Now I've been asked to see if I can sort this list another way, I can't figure out how to do this. Obviously my Group is sorted by unit #, so that it shows the most recent only. Is there a way to sort it past that?
Tyler - Robertson
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 4:25am
this would be a group sort.
dynamic group sorting can really only be done via group summary results.
how do they want it sorted?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum