Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Group Issue in formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
esther31
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 50
Quote esther31 Replybullet Topic: Group Issue in formula
     Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 11:34pm
Hello

To eradicate duplication in a report that is leading to a sum being incorrect I was going to create a formula to divide the sum by the number of records. In principle this works fine but when creating the formula I am facing a problem. I have inserted the summary to the group FNO_SEQ4 but when I select the sum in the formula editor

Sum ({SRS_FNP.FNP_AMNT}, {SRS_FNO.FNO_SEQ4})

I get a message saying there must be a group that matches this field. I know the group exists as I have just created it and can see it in the report, any ideas? I'm not sure if it is something to do with the table rather than what I am trying to achieve as when originally entering the group the value kept displaying as zero despite browse data showing the correct value. I removed the group and re-added it and the values appeared correctly. Has anyone seen anything like this before? I feel like I am going mad!!

Thanks
Esther
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 4:24am
All I know that sometimes Crystal 'hiccups' and does not 'see' what you are seeing.  Sometimes just saving your work, closing Crystal and then re-opening Crystal seems to clear out whatever was causing the weirdness.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum