Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: stating a total in the report footer Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
chris64
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote chris64 Replybullet Topic: stating a total in the report footer
     Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 4:36am
Hi,
 
I need to state a group total in the report footer of my report. My report shows costs of a project split into different categories. I need to show  the
total for one of the catergories that has appeared earlier in the report in the report footer i.e. repeat it in the footer. How can I do this?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 4:45am
if the total is not for the group on the current page, the solution would appear to be global/shared variables.

The trick would be to identify the correct group, then it is pretty simple.
in the group footer you would have a formula like:

shared numbervar rfValue;
if (this group is the one) then
rfValue := (some value); //could be sum({table.field}, {group}) but that is up to you
"" //hides the assignment

drop the formula on the report in the group footer.

in the report footer, place a formula like:
shared numbervar rfValue
rfValue


HTH
IP IP Logged
chris64
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote chris64 Replybullet Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 5:50am
Thanks HTH,
 
I have in the group footer a formula:
 
shared numbervar rfsupport; if {TransactionLine.AnalysisCode} = "SAL-SUP" then rfsupport = Sum ({@sinsum}, {AnalysisCode.Description})
 
which is picking up the correct value;
 
I then have a formula in the report footer:
 
shared numbervar rfsupport;
 
but this is not showing the value just zeroes.
 
What I am doing incorrectly?
 
Regards,
 
Chris64
 
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum