| Author |
Message |
TorLang
Groupie
Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 50
|

Topic: Moving fileds in Design view Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 3:32am |
|
Since I updated my CR installation to 14.0.9.1345 I have issues when trying to move several fields at once in design view. It is lagging bad, and the Field Explorer is flashing while the fields are being moved. Its like its trying to refresh the screen somehow. Anyone else seen this? Is there a setting in options that can be changed?
Edited by TorLang - 27 Mar 2014 at 3:33am
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
kevlray
Admin Group
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
|

Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 5:25am |
|
I cannot say for sure, but it sounds more like an overworked processor or video card. I have tried moving over 100 fields at once (a wee bit tricky at best) and I do not remember a lot of lag.
|
IP Logged |
|
lockwelle
Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
|

Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 4:51am |
|
I have experienced a lag when moving a whole group using the arrow keys. Basically, CR is moving each control by an amount and updating the screen.
2 work arounds
1) select all the fields you want to move and drag them with the mouse
2) move the fields 1 at a time.
This isn't as hard as it sounds. Usually you are moving columns...so I will move the header fields to where i want them and then I will select a columns worth of fields at one time, right click and select align, left. It doesn't take long...
oh, and here's a third one.
Use the drop down alignment tags, attach your fields to them, then drag the stop to where you want, and all the fields will move with it.
as a note, I have found that moving fields using the arrow keys can be 'inaccurate', as some fields will 'jump' for no apparent reason.
HTH
|
IP Logged |
|
kevlray
Admin Group
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
|

Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 5:45am |
|
The only times I have seen fields jump is due to either having the snap to grid enabled or you have guidelines.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|