Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Export to Excel - Merging rows Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Gurbs
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 216
Quote Gurbs Replybullet Topic: Export to Excel - Merging rows
     Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 1:08am
Hi all,

I have a report that shows the comments made on cases for a client. There can be 3 different type of comments: Made by us or made by client.

Now I want to export the report to excel. I need to get 1 line, with both comments under each other. So I created a formula {GESTIONES_RESULT_307.F_GESTION} & ': IJ Comment: ' & {GESTIONES_RESULT_307.COMENTARIO} & chr(13) & chr(10) &
{GESTIONES_RESULT_552.F_GESTION} & ': CAT Comment: ' & {GESTIONES_RESULT_552.COMENTARIO}

To show both comments under each other. I made the field high enough to actually show both comments. After that I made all fields the same height.

However, when I export this to excel, it merges the different rows per case. When there are 2 comments, it merges 2 rows. In case there are 3 comments, it merges 3 rows. This takes away the option to filter the report.

Is it possible to get the report to export the report, with just bigger fields? I tried exporting to excel (data only), but this shows it in 1 line, all behind each other.

Thanks a lot in advance.

KR

Gerben
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 2:51pm
go to section expert and create 2 details section and place each comment into its own section.
IP IP Logged
Gurbs
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 216
Quote Gurbs Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 2:17am
This isn't helping, because I am just getting an empty line, except for the field with the comment. I basically just want a big line, big enough to hold 3 lines of text.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum