Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: how to suppress a section that depends on variable Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
otto
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 17 Mar 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Quote otto Replybullet Topic: how to suppress a section that depends on variable
     Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 8:21am
I have a 4 variables and I need to suppress the section where they are if they are = to 0. Those variables are initialized in 0 every time the group change.

I went to section expert and I wrote there {@formula1}=0 and that suppressed the section(I did the same for the other 3 sections), it works fine for the footer, but for the header it is suppressing the previews one, not the header where they are.
Can someone help me with that.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 9:01am
your 'final group results' do not exist as the for a group until you get into the footer . Think of it like whileprintingrecords. The final results are created in too late of a pass to be fed back into the header for a suppression condition.
You can use sub reports that run in the headers and evaluate the same data then return a variable that can be used in the headers but that is very inefficient.
You can only suppress headers from summary results that can be garnered if you used the insert summary function.
IP IP Logged
otto
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 17 Mar 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Quote otto Replybullet Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 9:09am
I could not use a sub-report because it is inside a sub-report the problem. I had to change the formula for a summary in order to do the suppress correctly.
Thank you DBlank
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum