Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Group Sort Tragedy Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mrtj
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote mrtj Replybullet Topic: Group Sort Tragedy
     Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 1:18pm

YouthID is group1, the month of the attendance is Group 2.

The report screws up when I group2 sorted descending.crystal report 11 ver14

Youth1.....3/1/2013.....Present......Class1

Youth1.....3/17/2013....NotPres......Class2

Youth1.....3/31/2013....Present......Class4

 

Youth1.....4/1/2013.....Present......Class4

Youth1.....4/17/2013....Present......Class3

Youth1.....4/30/2013....NotPres......Class6

 

Youth1.....5/1/2013.....Present......Class5

Youth1.....5/15/2013....NotPres......Class1

 

Youth2.....3/1/2013.....NotPres......Class1

Youth2.....3/17/2013....Present......Class2

Youth2.....3/31/2013....NotPres......Class4

 

Youth2.....4/1/2013.....NotPres......Class4

Youth2.....4/17/2013....Present......Class3

Youth2.....4/30/2013....Present......Class6

 

Youth2.....5/1/2013.....NotPres......Class5

Youth2.....5/15/2013....Present......Class1

 

Report example output?

Youth1

......March-2013

......ClassesCummulative-1,4

Youth1

......April-2013

......ClassesCummulative-1,4,4,3 (I know how to eliminate the duplicate, and sort)

Youth1

......May-2013

......ClassesCummulative-1,3,4,5 (see no dups, and sorted-I know how)

 

I know how to do the above sorted and unduplicated with 6 “Class” string variables set in detail records and appended to running string variable in footer.

My goal is this Report example output:2 Sorted Descending

Youth1

......May-2013

......ClassesCummulative-1,3,4,5

Youth1

......April-2013

......ClassesCummulative-1,3,4  

Youth1

......March-2013

......ClassesCummulative-1,4


However I get this because of Group sort&record selection problem

Youth1

......May-2013

......ClassesCummulative-5

Youth1

......April-2013

......ClassesCummulative-1,3,4  

Youth1

......March-2013

......ClassesCummulative-1,3,4,5

 

 



Edited by mrtj - 19 Mar 2014 at 1:19pm
IP IP Logged
otto
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 17 Mar 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Quote otto Replybullet Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 4:45am
the solution that I see for you problem is creating a sub-report in month group linked by YouthID and month# and inside the sub-report do the class' counter
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum