Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Table could not be found Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
rsellers
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote rsellers Replybullet Topic: Table could not be found
     Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 5:23am
I'm trying to create a report with a subreport in it. I'm using XI version 11.5.12.1838.

I have a main report (a) a sub report (b) and made a copy of the main report, with the sub report to create a 3rd report (c). Each report has parameters that are required to be chosen. I have checked and have the exact named tables in all 3 reports.

The SQL database is on a different server then the helpdesk server.

I'm using windows 7 and the db is SQL 2003.

I can run each report in Crystal without a problem. I am using a Helpdesk application with built in Crystal report formatted reports. I have made numerous simple reports and imported them into the helpdesk software. All ran fine from the helpdesk Reports section until this one. This is my first custom report added in.

When I go to run the combined report (c) I get an error message I can't seem to resolve. I get an error message similar to:
The table 'Tablexxx' could not be found.
Error in file C:\users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp814C{B6335720-FA02-4EC9-948D-9F77B7D0D553}.rpt
The table could not be found.

Checking the named folder there is no such file. If I rerun the report, no file even shows as a temp file.

If I repeat the process on the server that the helpdesk application and another copy of Crystal Report resides, I get the same results.

Any suggestions?
IP IP Logged
hello
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Quote hello Replybullet Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 3:26am
Are you using tables from only one DB? Do all the tables you are using have the same ownership name?

We use Sybase and SQL Anywhere, and the ownership name(s) don't show unless you check a box to make it do so. I am constantly placing tables under the wrong ownership and forgetting where I put them.
IP IP Logged
rsellers
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote rsellers Replybullet Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 3:41am
Hi,
Thanks for the response. We use 1 SQL DB. The tables are all on the same DB. As far as I know they are on the same ownership.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum