Home
Crystal Reports Training
Crystal Reports XI
Crystal Reports .NET
Crystal Reports Forum
News
Tech Support
Active Topics
Memberlist
Search
Help
Register
Login
Tips and Tricks
Crystal Reports Forum
:
Crystal Reports 9 through 2022
:
Tips and Tricks
Topic: Replacing Values
Author
Message
BoltzGirl
Groupie
Joined: 22 Jan 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 89
Topic: Replacing Values
Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 9:19am
I amusing CR v11 and have a field within a table that I need to replace the last 3 (or 4 when there is a 4th) digits with something different.
Example:
The field within the table has a number such as 12345678901C or 12345678901CR.
I need to create a formula that will replace the 01C and/or the 01CR with *01
I think it's simple, but can't figure this one out.
Thanks in advance
IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 9:58am
I am assuming that the length of the data is fixed (12 or 13 characters long). If not you will need a slightly different a approach.
left({field},9)+"*"+mid({field},10,2)
IP Logged
BoltzGirl
Groupie
Joined: 22 Jan 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 89
Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 10:46am
It was not a fixed length, so I tweaked it just a bit and it works perfectlly....Thank you so much!
IP Logged
Printable version
Forum Jump
-- Select Forum --
Announcements
Talk with the Author
Self-Publishing
Job Postings
New feature request
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Technical Questions
Tips and Tricks
Crystal Xcelsius
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
You
cannot
post new topics in this forum
You
cannot
reply to topics in this forum
You
cannot
delete your posts in this forum
You
cannot
edit your posts in this forum
You
cannot
create polls in this forum
You
cannot
vote in polls in this forum
HOME
|
FREE EBOOK
|
PROGRAMMING GUIDE
|
PURCHASE
|
REVIEWS
|
CONTACT ME
|
FAQ
|
LINKS
|
PRIVACY
|
CLICK PLAYS
|
BAEZL
© 2004-2026 Brian Bischof. All Rights Reserved.