Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 5:30am
and it is in the Suppression(x-1) formula for the group you want to suppress?
again, it looks fine...the other thing to check would be that the field that you are comparing against is the same as being grouped on ( I would display the group in the group header for debugging purposes, just to be sure)
Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 107
Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 6:58am
I am trying to supress the entire report based on the date logic. I also have a subreport that has the reverse logic. So if the ment.assess_date is less than 03/01/2014 then i want to supress the entire report and only show the subreport however if the date is grater than 03/01/2014 i want to supress the subreport and show the main report only.
I added the formula to each section in the supress formula section.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 7:46am
good point.
ok, jut so that I have a clearer picture, essentially you have 2 reports and only 1 should show based on the date, and the date is a database so there are probably multiple dates.
Do the multiple dates occur in the group, if so are the 'reports' supposed to display correctly? If there is only 1 date per group, life probably isn't too bad.
as a note, if you put the same logic in all sections, then the subreport will be suppressed as well, since the section logic would govern if the subreport is 'run' / displayed.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum