| Author |
Message |
RyanG
Newbie
Joined: 26 Feb 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Topic: New to the forum :) Need help with a Crystal Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 3:49am |
|
Greetings,
First, thanks for this forum--already lurked and received prior help, great resource!
On to my report;
Report Goal:
I'm trying to build a report that will show me a list of patients on controlled medications from within our EH--but only show patients that have NOT had an office visit within a date range (parameter entered by user). So, ultimately I would like the user to choose a date range--then display all patients that received a controlled substance within that time period--that DID not have an office visit.
Right now, I have the report where it will prompt for a date range, then display all patients that had controlled substances prescribed within that time period. The rub (or where I'm stuck), is how to add another selection expert that will only display the patients that DID NOT have an office visit.
I have a couple of tables identified that will serve as that filter (a charges table, an encounter table)--however I'm not sure how to get that that filter in place in the report. If I just add that formula to the selection expert (for example--WHERE the OfficeDate.Encounter IS NOT within (DateRange.ParameterByuser)--then I get really funky results. It will show multiple instances of each patient, with every old prescription date (outside of my date range).
So basically, I want to add another date range filter that combines with the first--that shows all patients that DID have a medication prescribed within that time period but DID NOT have a specific charge (Office visit) within that time period.
Any ideas? Thanks again!
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
lockwelle
Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
|

Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 4:51am |
|
what I would do is use the select that you have now, but add an outer join (or link...you can change the link type by right clicking on the link)for the office visit. Then for the condition it would be where the office visit is null...
this will give you people with prescriptions and not office visits.
HTH
|
IP Logged |
|
RyanG
Newbie
Joined: 26 Feb 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 4:59am |
|
Hi Lock, thanks for the reply!
I'm not sure if I can do a "If Null" statement--as the field is not there at all if it's not created. For example, if I'm looking at Create_Date of the OV--it won't exist at all (so no NULL value) if it's not within that time range.
I just want to check to see if that field exists at all within that time frame. Hope that makes sense!
|
IP Logged |
|
hello
Groupie
Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 85
|

Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 4:35am |
|
{med_date.patient_table} = {?date_range} AND
{ov_date.encounter_table} <> {?date_range}
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|