Originally posted by kostya1122
you could try to change data source
database tab >>set data source location>> then just update
the old table with new table
I already did that. The datasources have been updated to bring in the new database fields. That doesn't save me from manually dropping the new database fields onto the report design, and then formatting each of the new fields exactly the same as every other field on the report.
I'm trying to save myself a lot of redundant work on the design of the report. For example, when I view the existing report, the 'FirstName' field might have the following formatting:
Times New Roman
12pt Font
Blue Font Color
Black borders
<suppression code>
etc...
'MiddleName' is a new database field. I don't want to drop it onto the report and set all that formatting and coding manually. I want to copy all that formatting to the new 'MiddleName' field.
My original question assumed there is a way to copy the 'FirstName' field, and just change which datasource field it points to. (maybe that's where the confusion happened)